Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Puppets!

Every morning, I walk through the stacks at NCLS to get to my desk. I don't even need the lights to be on anymore; I just walk through in the dark like I'm at home, going downstairs for a glass of water, knowing the way by memory. So, I don't even see the high quality puppets hanging in plastic bags just waiting for our member library staff to check them out and use them in storytime. And if the lady who walks past them every single workday doesn't see them, it's a good bet that our member libraries don't often see them either.

So, I was delighted when the Oswego County Library Council requested that I bring a puppet with me to their fall meeting. It was a chance for me to remind everyone that NCLS does provide this central collection, and it was also a chance for me TO BRING A PUPPET TO A MEETING.

For those of you who are interested, here are the puppets we keep on hand here at NCLS:

Alligator 
Our raven puppet currently greets visitors at the front desk.
Beaver
Black Bear
Butterfly
Chicken
Chipmunk
Fox
Ladybug
Leopard Frog
Panda
Pig
Porcupine 
Raccoon 
Raven
River Otter
Short-eared Owl
Skunk
Squirrel 
Tarantula
Toad
Turkey
Turtle
Woodpecker
Woolly Sheep


All are barcoded; all are available for loan to member library staff. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for providing links to each of the puppets. That comes in handy when I order some puppets. I think the raven should stay on the NCLS desk all year as its mascot. You GOTTA have a mascot! HA! HA!

    ReplyDelete