Monday, November 2, 2015

Introducing: Beanstack!

Full disclosure: I am a bricks and mortar sort of girl. I prefer letters to e-mail, and faces over Facebook. It's not very often I get excited about online resources* but when I do, you can be sure the product in question is, as we say at my house, pretty neato burrito. Without further delay, then, I'm delighted to share the North Country Library System's latest online resource - Beanstack!

Beanstack is an online book discovery service for children and families. In addition to receiving a weekly book recommendation and learning tip in their e-mail, Beanstack users can also browse books, reading lists, learning tracks, themed guides, and app recommendations.

All books on our Beanstack page are synced with the NCLS catalog, so Beanstack will never recommend a book that we don’t own somewhere in our system. Titles on the Beanstack site link directly to the NCLS catalog, so that library patrons can easily place holds on recommended books.

There is no cost for users, and signing up is quick and easy. For full functionality of the site, users are encouraged to create a profile with their e-mail address and NCLS library card number.

For more information, check out this handy FAQ. Enjoy!

*That being said, I am aware that I just typed that sentence into a blog, short for weblog, meaning journal you keep online. It's a hybrid world we live in, and if I am devoted to turning the pages of a paper book, that doesn't lessen in any way my love of Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment