Thursday, June 5, 2014

Reading on the River

Well, I don't know what you're doing this Saturday, but I'm going to the Thousand Islands Book Festival.

After all, children's and YA book authors amassed in a charming river town on a sunny summer day? That's my kind of Saturday.

The event is free and open to the public of all ages. New authors this year are: Terry Trueman, Vivian Vande Velde, Frank Cammuso, and Christie Casciano. Returning favorites are: Matt McElligott, Joseph Bruchac, Hope Marston, Suzanne Bloom, Kalli Dakos, Justin and Gary Van Riper, and Sarah Ada.

Books will be on sale, but be sure to bring cash or your checkbook.

For more information, you can check out the Watertown Daily Times article* or watch this video of me on TV. (Fun fact: I smile and laugh when I'm nervous. One of my more useful defenses.)

*The WDT article states the event takes place on Friday, June 6, but I promise you, it's Saturday, June 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment