Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Summer: A Black Hole of Productivity.

So... I haven't blogged in a while. And while my regular excuse is that I have no excuse, this summer is been, surprisingly, busy.

But instead of listing everything I've been up to, I'm just going to share a few photos to help bring this blog slightly up to speed.

Took advantage of a very beautiful day to drive up to the Thousand Island Park Library on Wellesley Island. The library is our system's only seasonal facility, open June through September. My photography does not do the place justice; it's a lovely space. I really try to make the most of summer's optimal driving conditions to visit libraries, especially since I loathe driving in January. (Though, truth be told, I loathe everything in January.) Visited quite a few libraries in June and July, sometimes for board meetings, sometimes for construction grant site visits, and sometimes because I just happened to be in the neighborhood.


This is just a book cover, but it signifies that I had the opportunity to buy adult fiction e-books this summer. My very favorite part of librarianship is collection development, so this was a particular treat for me. (And yes, this book is one of the ones I bought.)


This is for an upcoming class on creating playspaces in libraries I've been working on with Rebecca Donnelly, courtesy of Ready to Read at New York Libraries. If I do nothing else with my time at NCLS, I will see a magnetic whiteboard in all 65 of our libraries. With fun magnets on them. Fun magnets for everyone!


Since I don't work in an actual library, I no longer do regular storytimes, but that doesn't mean I'm not looking for new read-alouds. I am always looking for those. This photo comes from the book Grumpy Pants, by Claire Messer, and this is my favorite page.


I think that pretty much brings this blog up to speed. Look for more stories from libraries in the coming months!

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog, Angela, and the book choice. We all need to get out of a bad mood now and then! Julie

    ReplyDelete