Wednesday, May 27, 2015

On the subject of not blogging.

If you're a faithful reader of this blog, you might have noticed that these last few weeks or so haven't been very exciting.

Well, there have been new e-books, and that's always exciting. But I haven't really written about anything else, because I've barely been in the office at all.*

It's a pretty busy time of year for our consulting staff, and a lot of that has to do with how reliably good the roads are from May through October in this area. Don't get me wrong, the roads can be not entirely bad good during those other months, and it's not like we don't go places in the winter, but still. It's the North Country. If we have the choice to do our driving in June versus January, we're gonna pick June every time.

Every. Single. Time.

So that a stretch during a Good Driving Month like May can look a little like the one I had not too long ago:

Thursday: County Library Council meeting.
Friday: Library board meeting.
Monday: Library site visit / automation meeting.
Tuesday: School Library System meeting.
Wednesday: Library site visit.
Thursday: Another totally different School Library System meeting.
Friday: Off-site NCLS program.

That's seven consecutive workdays of  hitting the road, which equals me not writing a whole lot down.

However, there's so much going on in our libraries this summer that I'm really going to make a point of blogging as much of it as I can.

Promise.

*And, no, I won't blog from home. Home is for pie-making. And reading. And embroidery. And - lest you suspect my house is a wormhole to the 19th century - Netflix, also.

No comments:

Post a Comment