Friday, May 1, 2015

NCLS now offering magazines through OverDrive!

I'm not much of a magazine reader myself; I get one subscription as a Christmas gift from my mother. Apart from that, I'll grab something from an airport newsstand for a flight only if I'm too nauseated to read the book I brought.*

That being said, I appreciate that magazines are kind of a big deal in libraries and that being able to offer them in an electronic format is super cool. Our system just started offering e-magazines last spring through Zinio, but based on a bunch of factors, we decided to switch to OverDrive. That change is effective today, May 1.

For more details on this change, or to listen to Matt Corey and me crack ourselves up (or both!), check out our latest podcast.

*Yes, I have a media hierarchy based on just how airsick I am. In descending order: light novel > comic essays > magazine > podcast > soothing music > the sound of my own moaning. Flying with me is an absolute treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment